Georgetown University Medical Center – Engagement of Minors (Paid)
Does the position involve a laboratory setting or other areas where special safety procedures or regulatory requirements apply?
Research involves the use of chemicals, radioisotopes, biohazardous materials and/or scientific instruments which may be hazardous, particularly if used improperly. This research laboratory contains the hazardous substances or devices checked below. A Laboratory Supervisor will provide specific operational procedures, safety precautions, instruction(s), and supervision to the student.
- Biological Hazards: (Infectious materials, Recombinant DNA, Human Blood/Body fluids/Tissues
- Chemical Hazards: (Hazardous, Flammable, Explosives, Toxic, Carcinogenics, Mutagens, etc.)
- Equipment: (Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Fume Hoods, etc.)
- Lasers/Laser Systems: Class 3R, 3B & 4 (including embedded lasers)
- Radioactive Materials: (Low Level radioactive solutions used in labeling techniques)
- Radiation Producing Devices: (X-ray Diffraction, Cabinet X-rays, or X-ray Units)
No, the position does not involve a laboratory setting or other areas where special safety procedures or regulatory requirements apply.